HELENA brings you 17 years’ experience in Legal, Tax & Regulatory Compliance matters spanning Tanzania, Kenya Uganda, Mozambique, Ethiopia and South Sudan with a primary focus in East Africa. Within 17 years of practicing Helena has accumulated a wealth of knowledge and possesses extensive experience in tax policies lobbying and negotiations. She has engaged in negotiations with the Government of Tanzania on various tax disputes and she is a Pioneer of financial inclusion agenda in driving digital economy and taxation of the same.
Prior to forming HECON Helena worked as a senior consultant with the big international Consulting firms i.e. Deloitte & Touché and Ernst & Young for more than 6 years providing tax consultancy services to various local and international corporate clients. Helena obtained strong experience in Telecommunication and Oil & Gas Industries as she worked at the management level for multinational companies like Airtel Tanzania and Halliburton International Inc. handling various tax and regulatory compliance matters in various jurisdictions within Africa.
- Master of Law (LLM in Corporate & Commercial Law) from School of Law (UDSoL), University of Dar es salaam, in 2019
- Certificate in Business Leadership & Development, May’s Business School, Texas A&M University, 2012
- Bachelor of Law (LLB Horns) from the Faculty of Law, University of Dar es salaam, in 2004
Professional Membership & Associations
- The Institute of Directors Tanzania (IoDT) - Member No. 1230
- The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb) - Associate No. 112020072
- Tanzania Revenue Authority - Registered Tax Consultant No. 800
- The East African Law Society (EALS) - Member
- The Tanganyika Law Society (TLS) - Member No. 1809